Monday, March 9, 2009

Leon, Kansas

US Route 400 cuts across Kansas from West to East. I sometimes take it through the flint hills when I drive to Joplin, Missouri. Leon, Kansas is a small town just to the east of Eldorado, Kansas and to the north of Route 400. On the way to Joplin on Sunday, March 8th I took these photos of Leon.












In the middle of town, there is a building that used to be a service station. Although there are no gas pumps, the service bay and office remain, and just outside the office was an man wearing a straw cowboy hat. Although he would not let me photograph him, he said that he works on collectors tractors. His next project is sitting in front of the building. It's a 1950 model Bucyrus Erie bulldozer. I asked if there was a market for these tractors. "Well, this one is sold, once it is fixed up."



1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh that is so cool! Love th bulldozer! I cannot imagine the work it will take to get it done though!