Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello from Cassoday!

Cassoday, Kansas is located just south of I 35, as you enter the Flint Hills. According to a sign at the near-by rest area the Flint Hills has more cattle grazing on it every year than were ever driven in the history of cattle drives, so Cassody has a Cowboy past and present. The streets are not paved and still have hitching rails for horses. It was a railroad town for the Sante Fe. The old station is now a Community Center.

For some reason, I started calling my wife every time I passed by. The conversation always started with
"Hello from Cassoday." I thought it was time to stop and take some shots.







Cassoday also has something many larger towns no longer have. A working phonebooth.


1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love this town! The building fronts are straight out of a movie!