Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Well I did it... again... for the second time since I have been traveling for my job, I was robbed. Someone took both of my Nikons and lenses from the back seat of my car.
I know it is cliche, but I really feel "violated"... no I don't, I'm just really PISSED OFF! What right does anyone have taking the tools of another person's life. It's not a trade for me, its a life.

I am hopeful that since the car was parked in my driveway, my Homeowners will pay me for at least half of the value.

The strange thing is that I probably would not have even know, except for the fact that my wife called to say that she found my tobacco pouch in someones yard. Then I knew. I had the pouch in the car. I had a sinking feeling and when I looked in the back seat, if course, the cameras were gone. A D2H and a D-100. Not the newest of cameras, or the most up to date versions, but I really liked them ... A LOT!

For now, I am back to shooting film wth my Nikon 8008. I will post some shots as soon as I "get them back from the drug store", and hopefully I will be getting a not new , but newer, Fuji Finepix S3 Pro. I think after using both the Nikon and the Fuji version, I like the Fuji better.

2 comments:

Bug said...

:(!!!!!!!!!!
I will not use bad words, but .... is all I can say. I am so sorry dad. That just really sucks! I come here daily to see if you posted anything new. I was so excited until I started reading.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

ME too :( I am so sorry! I too would feel VERY violated!!