Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 15 - Hidden Treasure

Robin's Father's hobby was wood working. He built all the Frank Loyd Wright designed furniture to go in his parent's Home in Charles City, Iowa. He made puzzles ever since he was a child during the depression, when he would rent them to neighborhood families. He had a wood working shop his entire life.

After he passed away, we were given the opportunity to select some items from his home.  In the garage was a cabinet that had 21 drawers in it. It was wooden and painted completely white had hinges on it and one wheel to roll it out from under a work bench . It had been used for years to store screws, nuts and bolts.
I though it would be great used for that in our garage. Robin had other ideas, so I found myself stripping the paint. The first thing to be revealed was a metal plaque on the front. It turned out to be an Oak jewelers cabinet. Needles to say, it never saw my garage after that.









1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

If I knew this story... I had forgotten! So glad to hear it again :)